Saturday, September 20, 2008

Card Making 101

I belong to a Card Making club. Every other month, each member creates a card design and makes that design for each member of the club. We exchange them like you would a cookie exchange. It's a really fun thing to do. I enjoy the creativity of creating designs and the deadline ensures I'm focused enough to get it done...rather than thinking, "One day I'll make cards...."

On this particular month, I was trying a new technique I read about in a magazine. It included tissue paper and water. Of course I had my own "special" ingredients who couldn't wait to craft...
1 curious kitty
1 sneeky little PUPsicle

Because I was in a hurry to try the technique, I opened the tissue paper on my bed and that caught the attention of two furry little creatures! Pups tried her hand at brushing water on the tissue paper (or eating the brush...whatever!) while kitty looked on...trying not to appear interested.....AT FIRST!

When kitty moved in on the action, there was a little competitive crafting banter between my helpers!

Laying ON TOP OF my tissue paper was not helpful! Neither one of my furry little helpers were contributing very much to this project. OK, she tried hiding UNDER the paper....um, that didn't help either!Finally, the technique was complete and Pupsicle gave her approval. However, after letting the project sit the required amount of time I'm sorry to say it didn't work. Back to the drawing board. Needless to say, we all had fun! Here are some of the designs I've created.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your cards are beautiful! So is your dog...... ;)

Claire said...

1- I LOVE the first picture of Kit and Pup, SO funny! Made me laugh out loud, they both look so comfy and just knowing what is to come, heh!

2- I get such a kick out of the way cats always have to get on TOP of whatever project is goin on. Dutch can't let me read without trying to sit directly on top of my books :)

3- I love that you call her Pupsicle, so cute!

4- I love that they get along so well! How cute that they can sit on the bed with you and help! hah!

5- I LOOOVE the Best Wishes card! So beautiful! They all are though- you are so talented!